- 4lb roast, boneless
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into chunky pieces
- 1 lb carrots, sliced
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 1 quart beef broth or beef stock
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tbl oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Liberally salt and pepper roast.
- Add oil to large dutch oven or 9x13 glass casserole dish. Add roast and beef broth. Cover with aluminum foil. Roast 2-3 hours.
- Arrange sliced veggies in a shallow pan or cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and herbs over vegetables.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Slice beef to serve
- Suggestion: For home preparation, reserve 2 lbs of beef and any liquid in the pan BEFORE serving, for leftovers