Yields Approximately 12 servings (will make 2 cakes in foil pans)
Peach Coffee Cake
- 1 c. butter
- 6 peaches, pitted and sliced
- Lemon juice (1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 c. AP flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease baking dish.
- Mix peach slices with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Cream butter, sugar, salt in large bowl with electric mixer. Add vanilla, then eggs 1 at a time.
- Combine flour mixture and butter mixture.
- Spread ½ batter in pan, top with ½ peach slices. Layer remaining batter and peaches in pan.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Bake 1 hour.