Magic Veggie and Beef Soup
- Leftover beef roast (Approx 1lb)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 qts. Beef broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans tomatoes, diced
- Mixed veggies, canned or frozen
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbl. Oil or butter
- 3-4 cups cabbage, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Zucchinni, Squash, sliced
- Parsnips, Turnips, sliced
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and salt.
- Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth, and all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 35 minutes.
- Turn off heat and cover pot.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.