Green Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Greens can be baby greens, spring mixes, bibb lettuce, spinach, or wild greens – do not use iceberg)
- Approx 10 oz (or 6 cups) greens, chopped 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus, (about 1 bunch)
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas
- Radishes, sliced to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, or scallion greens
- Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake until combined.
- Combine all salad ingredients. Dress just before serving.