- 1 lb fettucini
- 8 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 small zucchini, finely chopped
- Lemon zest
- ½ c milk
- ½ c romano or parm
- Salt, pepper
- Prepare pasta.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour
- Slowly add milk, whisking until thick.
- Add parmesan, salt and lemon zest. Whisk until smooth.
- Add cooked pasta, zucchini, chili flakes, and basil to sauce.
The sauce above is Bechamel! It is an amazing base for macaroni and cheese, sausage gravy, Alfredo, as a sauce over grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, or chicken pot pie! It is a vital staple for any home cook!