Blueberry Jam Cake Bars
- 2 1/4 cups AP flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup blueberry jam
- 3/4 cup (86g) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a large mixer bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together melted butter and sour cream in another medium sized bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and egg to the butter mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Spread about half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the blueberry jam into an even layer on top of the batter.
- Crumble the remaining batter and drop over the blueberry jam, forming an even layer.
- Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake bars for 20-25 minutes, then remove from oven to cool completely before drizzling glaze over bars.